People in AAU
The AAU organization in Nebraska is made up of many volunteers who organize and make the meets run for the lifters. The people who train and compete benefit from the work done behind the scenes. Nebraska AAU Powerlifting is successful because of the following reasons:
1) Lifters have a fun venue to display their success
2) Meet directors promote meets in advance so lifters can prepare
3) Qualified Referees provide consistent judging
4) Spotters and loaders keep the meet safe and timely
5) Table help and announcers make the meet run smooth
Meets always require lots of help. If you are interested in becoming an AAU Referee - click on this link for information.
If you are interested in running a meet, click here for information about running a meet. Prospective meet directors must contact the state chair 60 days prior to the meet date for sanction approval.